Grassroots Fundraising: Participating on Behalf of Head for the Cure
Support Head for the Cure in diverse ways. Check out some of these ideas below!
More than half a million individuals participate in a marathon every year. Join them in supporting your favorite cause. By running for a cause, every individual can make a difference.
America by Bicycle (https://americabybicycle.com/online-registration)
America by Bicycle features an option that allows participants to raise money and awareness for their favorite charity. Over the years, we have helped cyclists raise over $5,000,000 for a variety of worthwhile causes. America by Bicycle rides are special events and America by Bicycle riders are special people. Each year 10-12% of all participants raise money for a favorite charity.
- Register for an America by Bicycle Ride. (Example, Cross Country Challenge).
- Choose a charity to support. Your choice!
- Set a fundraising goal ($16,000-$24,000, ex. Cross Country Challenge).
- Meet with the Charity, Make an agreement (Example, I raise $16,000, and you pay my tour costs of $8,050, out of the money I raise).
- Raise Money, distribute to charity - *see “Create Your HFTC Fundraising Page”
- Meet fundraising goal, charity pays your expenses / tour costs.
- Ride your bike cross-country.
Amazon Smile (https://smile.amazon.com/)
AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon with the same products, prices, and shopping features as Amazon.com. The difference is that when you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to the charitable organization of your choice.
- Sign in to smile.amazon.com on your desktop or mobile phone browser.
- From your desktop, go to Your Account from the navigation at the top of any page, and then select the option to Change your Charity. Or, from your mobile browser, select Change your Charity from the options at the bottom of the page.
- Select a Head for the Cure.
- Spread the word: Super easy right? Be sure to spread the word to others. By taking that 1 simple extra step and accessing amazon through ‘smile.amazon.com’ you can make a difference!
To make it easier for you and your community to raise money, Facebook has built tools to help you collect donations and enable supporters to fundraise for your nonprofit. These tools are now being launched in more countries. Reach more supporters and engage your community. Sign-up for Facebook charitable giving tools today!
To create a fundraiser for a charitable organization:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed
- Click Raise Money
- Select Nonprofit/Charity.
- Select a charitable organization, choose a cover photo and fill in the fundraiser details
- Click Create
To create a personal fundraiser for yourself, a friend on Facebook, someone not on Facebook or something not on Facebook:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Raise Money.
- Select Yourself, Friend or Someone or something not on Facebook
- Select a category
- Add a cover photo and fill in details about your fundraiser
- Click Create
Keep in mind that you must be at least 18 years old to create a personal fundraiser. Find out more at our Facebook Fundraising page.