What is #GivingTuesday?
#GivingTuesday is a global giving movement built by individuals, families, organizations, businesses and communities in all 50 states and around the world. This year, #GivingTuesday will be held on November 27th, 2018.
#GivingTuesday harnesses the collective power of a unique blend of partners to transform how people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season. It inspires people to take collective action to improve their communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they believe in, and help create a better world. #GivingTuesday demonstrates how every act of generosity counts, and that they mean even more when we give together.
What is an Annual Giving Campaign?
Annual Giving is the ongoing, year-round support provided by race participants, volunteers, supporters, and friends.
How does Head for the Cure use donations received during #GivingTuesday and the Annual Giving Campaign?
Donations raised through #GivingTuesday and the Annual Giving Campaign will go to support Head for the Cure programs and also supports general operations to ensure the maximum amount of money raised during the 5K events in your area go to the local beneficiary and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative.
Is it true that every gift matters?
Every gift makes an impact. When you donate to Head for the Cure, you are raising awareness and funding to inspire hope for the community of brain tumor patients, their families, friends, caregivers, and other supporters, while celebrating their courage, spirit, and energy. Make a gift that is meaningful to you and empowers you to make a difference in the brain tumor community.
Will my employer match my Annual Giving contribution?
Did you know many companies offer a matching gift program to encourage giving among their employees, and some companies will even match to spouses and retirees? By simply completing your company’s matching form, you may be able to double, or even triple, the impact of your gift!
You can find out if you or your spouse’s employer is a matching gift company through this Matching Gift Search or by contacting your human resources department. Don’t forget to let Head for the Cure know about your matching gift contribution! Mail or email a copy of the matching gift form submitted to the company along with your donation.
How can I find out more about putting Head for the Cure in my estate plans?
Contact Head for the Cure’s Programs and Development Coordinator at or (816)218-2903 for more information about planned giving opportunities with Head for the Cure.
How do I make a gift?
Online: CLICK HERE to be directed to the online giving page and make a gift using your credit or debit card.
Postal Mail: Please mail your cash or check donation to:
Attn: Annual Giving
Head for the Cure
1607 Oak St
Kansas City, MO 64108
**checks should be made payable to “Head for the Cure” with “2018 Annual Giving” in the memo line**
How else can I support Head for the Cure?
There are a lot of ways to be more involved! A few examples are;
- Participate in a race as a team or individual. Invite your friends, family, and colleagues to join you for a day supporting a great cause. Anyone can participate as a Virtual Participant as well.
- Volunteer at an event. Not a runner? CLICK HERE to sign-up as a volunteer for your local 5K event. Some companies will even give a donation to organizations if their employees volunteer.
- Host a 3rd Party Event. Coordinate a fundraiser to raise awareness and funds for Head for the Cure. We have had everything from Jeans Day at work, to restaurant givebacks, to golf tournaments, to jewelry parties, to bake sales, and many more. Email or call (816)218-2903 for more information.
- Help spread the word. Not everyone has a connection to brain cancer. Share your story and help us get the word out about all the great things Head for the Cure does for the brain cancer community.
- Join the planning committee for your local 5K event. We are always looking for new ideas to make our events better and better each year.
- Encourage local businesses to sponsor Head for the Cure events in your area. Does your company sponsor local charities? Email or call (816)218-2903 for sponsor information.
- Purchase HFTC swag at our online store! Help raise money and spread awareness by wearing your support. SHOP TODAY!
- Share and post HFTC news on social media. Tell your friends and family why you give to Head for the Cure using #HFTCGiving.
- Corporate Matching. CLICK HERE to see if your company participates in matching donations and maximize your gift.
- Nominate a Keeping the Faith. One of the best parts of our 5K events is honoring those who are currently battling brain cancer with dignity and grace. NOMINATE SOMEONE TODAY.
Is my gift tax-deductible?
Yes. Head for the Cure will email a reciept for every donation made when an email is provided, and will mail a tax receipt for donations over $250. If you would like to receive a receipt, contact us at or (816)218-2903.
How do I make a gift in honor of an individual?
CLICK HERE to make an online gift in honor of an individual or inform us with a note accompanying your mailed gift.
My question is not answered here. Whom should I contact?
Contact our Progams and Development Coordinator at or (816)218-2903.